Saturday 30 March 2013

SMBE has a shiny new website

I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for the journal "Molecular Biology and Evolution" (MBE). Not only does it combine two of my favourite things - molecular biology and evolution - but it was also where I published the main paper from my PhD, Transiently beneficial insertions could maintain mobile DNA sequences in variable environments. Although published by Oxford Journals, MBE is a journal of the Society for Molecular Biology & Evolution (SMBE), which also organises a large annual conference of the same name.

SMBE has a nice shiny new website at http://www.smbe.org/. As well as news on this and blog posts on relevant topics, you can also see the most read papers from MBE and SMBE's other journal, Genome Biology and Evolution (GBE). You can also keep up to date with SMBE via their new Twitter Stream and Facebook page. (The current Secretary and Treasurer of SMBE are both members of VIBE, the Virtual Institute of Bioinformatics & Evolution (formerly the "Virtual Institute of Bioinformatics, Eire"), through which I got my first postdoc, so it must be good! I miss VIBE meetings!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! (Unless you're a spammer, in which case please stop - I am only going to delete it. You are just wasting your time and mine.)